I requested they move some dirt so that I could see what was happening on the construction site...they laughed!
Happening this week:
- Install rebar and pouring wall footings
- Tying wall rebar
- Aggregate Piers
- Sewer Line work
- Removed power pole near old blacktop area
- Graded area in back of school
- Begin demo on north side of site (old blacktop area)
- Form and place wall
- Continue excavation of footings
- Rebar and placing in footings
- Complete aggregate piers
- Start MSE wall
- Start spread footings
Construction Update 7-26-19
Happening in the next 2 week:
- Asphalt for the additional turning lane into the school from Reed Road will be completed
- Foundation rebar is arriving
- Completing concrete pour of site retaining wall
- Begin digging footings for the building pad
- Continue installing manholes and piping
- Complete covered walkway from Griffin parking lot to KSE
- Install additional fencing around former blacktop area
In the next 2 weeks you will continue to see excavation work on the 3-5 campus. Interior work is continuing to establish the new learning commons and administrator office.
At the K-2 campus technology installations will be completed and furniture will be delivered.
Please watch for detailed information the week prior to the start of school.
Construction Update 6-27-19
REMINDER: THE CONSTRUCTION AREAS ARE OFF LIMITS
TO ALL STAFF AND COMMUNITY
Two Week Look Ahead:
- Continue excavating for building pad
- Continue installing underground pond
- Continue backfilling underground pond
- Complete demolition of existing learning commons building
- Complete demolition of interior items at new learning commons area
- Complete tree removal
- Install shelving in new learning commons
- Georgia Power on site to start relocating overhead power lines
- Sawcut and remove asphalt west of existing building
- Continue footings for site wall B
What to expect in the next 2 weeks:
Continuation of grading on the property in the front and on the side.
Cement retention wall installed.
FYI: The drainage system you see going in at the front of the property is an underground system. Once installed, the new parking lot will cover it.
Inside: Continuing to create admin office in the former hallway to the Learning Commons. Working on the new Learning Commons area upstairs.
At K-2: All new portables are in place. Electricity, technology, decking, etc will be happening.